my title of liberty



This week I read through Alma where we learn about the title of liberty and the battle between the Nephites and the Lamanites. I cannot imagine a more appropriate time to read this section of the Book of Mormon. I remember hearing about the pride cycle for the first time and realizing how true it is. Over all of time the cycle continues, we learn, we obey, we become haughty, and we rebel and we must be taught again....over and over again. Society as a whole never truly learns.
Where does that leave us? We've learned these lessons, how do we prevent ourselves from being caught up in the pride cycle. I loved the quite from President Howard W. Hunter, as posted in the Book of Mormon student manual that says
"Not all of us are going to be like Moroni, catching the acclaim of our colleagues all day every day. Most of us will be quiet, relatively unknown folks who come and go and do our work without fanfare. To those of you who may find that lonely or frightening or just unspectacular, I say, you are ‘no less serviceable’ than the most spectacular of your associates. You, too, are part of God’s army."
How can we fight the good fight? How can we be serviceable and help others in the battle?
My answer came from this talk. This is a clip of the talk with music as background. You can link and watch the full talk here


No comments: